Thursday, February 19, 2015

Yogi Berra Quotes

Some Classic Yogi Berra Quotes

"Nobody goes there anymore, it's too crowded."
--on the popular Toots Shors restaurant

"It gets late early out there."
--on the shadows at Yankee Stadium

"I'm not in a slump, I just ain't hitting."

Well I used to look like this when I was young, and now I still do."
--on his youthful appearance

"Yeah, what paper your write for, Ernie?"
--on meeting Ernest Hemingway and being told he was a writer

"Don't know. They were wearing a bag over their head."
--asked if a streaker he saw was male or female

"He can run any time he wants. I'm giving him the red light."
--on Rickey Henderson

"You can't win all the time. There are guys out there who are better than you are."

"I'd say he's done more than that."
--asked if Don Mattingly exceeded expectations

"If people don't want to come to the park, nobody's going to stop them."

"How do I know? I'm not in shape yet."
--on being asked his cap size

"What's a Yogism?"
--after being told he just said a Yogism

Let me know your requests for favorite player quotes. I can accommodate almost every major player from any era.

1 comment: