Friday, February 20, 2015

Casey Stengel Quotes

All-Time Great Casey Stengel Quotes

"Old timers games, weekends and airplane landings are alike. If you can walk away from them, they're successful."

"The trick is growing up without growing old."

"There comes a time in every man's life and I've had plenty of them"

"I love signing autographs. I'll sign anything but veal cutlets. My ballpoint pen slips on veal cutlets."

"Now there's three things you can do in a baseball game--you can win or you can lose or it could rain"

"They say that some of my stars drink whiskey, but I have found that the ones who drink milk shakes don't win many baseball games"

"Bobby Brown reminds me of a guy whose been hitting for 12 years and fielding one"

"Most ball games are lost, not won."

"Going to bed with a woman the night before a game never hurt a ballplayer. It's staying up all night looking for one that does him in."

No comments:

Post a Comment